In our previous article, we shared the design and specs details of the Samsung Galaxy S9. As we mentioned in that article, here is everything you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy S9+, from the design to the specifications. Again, all the details have been revealed by Roland Quandt and Evan Blass, so all the credit goes to them.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S9+ – DESIGN AND SPECIFICATIONS
Above is the gallery of the official press renders of the Samsung Galaxy S9+, and the design is pretty similar to that of the Samsung Galaxy S9 except for the rear. The Galaxy S9+ has the same infinity display on the front with curved edges and minimal bezels. The bottom chin, again, is thinner than the Galaxy S8+ of last year. The buttons are placed at the same location as on the Galaxy S9, including all the ports. On the rear, there is a dual camera setup placed vertically in the centre and below that is the fingerprint scanner. This is the first time that Samsung is adding a dual camera setup in its Galaxy ‘S’ lineup. We previously saw it on the Note 8.
Coming to the specifications of the phone, here is an overview of the specs –
- 6.2-inch Quad-HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display
- Snapdragon 845 / Exynos 9810 Chipset
- 6GB RAM with 64GB RAM ( there could be other storage options!)
- 3,500mAh battery under the hood with Fast Charging and Wireless Charging support
- USB Type-C Port, Stereo Speakers and dedicated Bixby button
- Dual Rear Cameras – 12MP primary with a variable aperture (f/1.5 and f/2.4) 12MP secondary with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture
- IP68 Dust and Water Resistant
So yes, the Samsung Galaxy S9+ shares a lot of specs with its smaller sibling except for a slightly bigger display, bigger battery and a dual camera setup on the rear. Both the S9 and S9+ are set to launch at the Galaxy Unpacked 2018 event on February 25th, so just a few days are now left for the official announcement.