We have come across numerous amazing video blogs by travellers, sports enthusiasts, or the likes. Now with the original EKEN H9R 4K action camera ultra HD you can be one of them.
A breathtaking moment or a major incident may happen at any time unannounced. Life does not come with a guide book. Neither it presents a second opportunity to experience a moment that has passed. Photos and videos have always been popular since they allow you to revisit the moments and share them with everyone. However, to do so, you need to be well equipped to capture the right moment at the right time. Having an action camera will allow you to share your stories with the world just the way you see them.
There are plenty of dashboard cameras and other types of action cameras available. However, the amazing features and specifications available at an astounding price of Original EKEN H9R 4K Action Camera Ultra HD grabbed my attention. EKEN 4K video camera is said to be the best budget action camera available. This waterproof action camera also features in the best sports cam available. So, I checked the authenticity of the claims and bring to you a complete and honest review about this product. Is this action camera really worth a try? Let us check it out.
Original EKEN H9R 4K Action Camera Ultra HD Specs:
Before moving ahead, let us check the specs and find out what’s packed within the camera.
- It is a 4K sports camera that is meant for biking, motorcycling, skiing, underwater sports and various other forms of extreme sports.
- The camera runs on Sunplus chipset, which is among the best suited for 4K video recording.
- It is powered by built-in 1050mAh battery that can record for 1.5 hours in 1080p resolution at 30fps, or for 50mins to 1 hour while recording in 4K resolution at 25 fps or 1080 fps. The standby time is 3 hours and recharging time is 2 hours.
- It supports external TF memory card of 32GB, but the memory card is not included with the camera unit.
- It records in MOV format and the image capture format is JPEG, while the audio recording format is in AAC.
- Video resolutions are 1080p at 30fps and 60fps, 720p at 120fps, 2.7K at 30fps and 4K at 25fps.
- The camera comes with a 17.4mm lens with 170 degree wide angle capture.
- It has a 2 inch screen where you will be able to view captured videos at 320 X 240 resolution.
- The camera comes with remote controlled WiFi with a range of 15 meters.
- It is IP68 waterproof with the waterproof casing and is water resistant up to 30 meter with the waterproof casing on.
Original EKEN H9R 4K Action Camera Ultra HD Features:
The camera sure does pack in quite a number of features. Let us check them out.
- The camera comes with a 2.4G remote that can be used from 10m distance and is waterproof up to 3m.
- It can record looping video, but the feature is not available in 2.7K or 4K mode.
- You can take burst photograph of up to 3 photos.
- You can create time lapse video of 2s / 3s / 5s / 10s / 20s / 30s / 60s.
- The camera can be controlled by the EZ iCam app, available on the Apple and Google app stores.
What I did not like?
The Original EKEN H9R 4K Action Camera Ultra HD packs a decent performance given the affordable price range. However, there are a few points that go against the product, especially if you are expecting a spectacular performance. The major issue is that it does not have any night mode, which makes it impossible to capture proper videos and images in the dark.
The next problem is the enclosed battery with only an average battery life. If you are going on some long trip you will probably have to carry a spare camera to make up for the time when this one will be re-charged. Since the battery is enclosed, there is no point carrying a spare battery and you will have to charge the camera once it drains out.
- High definition action camera at a really affordable rate.
- It is waterproof up to 30 meters making it perfect for recording underwater activity and use it while enjoying water adventure sports.
- It allows you capture videos and images in HD resolution as you embark on some adventurous journey.
- The camera has a decent wide frame of capture so that you do not miss out on the amazing details.
- 4G remote on the wrist makes it easier to control the camera as and when needed.
- WiFi connectivity allows you to easily pair up the camera with your Smartphone.
- The camera is unable to capture high quality videos and images in the dark since it does not come with night mode.
- While the camera is water resistant up to 30 meters, the remote control is water resistant up to 3 meters, making it near impossible to control the camera deep under water.
- The battery is built in and has only an average life of 1.5 hours on full charge, making this unsuitable for prolonged use.
- It takes 2 hours to completely charge, which is more than the battery life at full charge, thereby making it difficult to rely upon when you are going to be out for long, unless you are carrying spare camera as well as portable chargers.
If you are a sports enthusiast and video blogger, you will certainly love the camera and the quality of the video recording and image capture. Unless you are making a really long tape the low battery lifetime won’t be a problem. Keep spare memory cards along with you since it supports only 32GB. The ease of controlling the camera is definitely one of the major advantages. And, given the price, I will say this is definitely worth a try. If you have been looking for 4K cameras for your video blog within affordable budget, you must check out the Original EKEN H9R 4K Ultra HD Action Camera.